Click on one of the links below to jump to the listed section:
- Information We Obtain
- How We Use the Information We Obtain
- Third-Party Analytics Services
- Information We Share
- How We Protect Personal Information
- Children’s Privacy
- Links to Third-Party Services and Features
- How to Contact Us
Information We Obtain
We obtain personal information about you in various ways, such as when you visit our website (the “Website”). We also may obtain personal information about you offline, such as when you call, mail or fax us. The types of personal information we may obtain include:
- Contact information, such as name, telephone number and postal and email addresses;
- Account information, such as login information and other account details;
- Payment data, such as check routing and account number, transaction records;
- Demographic information, such as gender and date of birth;
- Professional or employment-related information including résumé information, occupation details and education details;
- General location information; and
- Other information you choose to provide, such as through emails or other communications, social media pages, surveys, registrations and sign-up forms.
When you use our Website, we may obtain certain information by automated means, such as cookies, pixel tags, server or device logs and other technologies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “pixel tag” (also known as a web beacon), which is a type of technology that is often used in combination with cookies, is placed on a website to track certain activity, such as views of a website. These technologies help us (1) track and understand how you use and interact with the Website and (2) measure the usability of the Website.
We may use these automated technologies on the Website to collect information about your device, browsing actions, and usage patterns. We obtain information about your device and web browser in this manner such as your device IP address, unique device identifiers, device type and model, device characteristics and settings, browser settings and characteristics, operating system type and version, location, battery and signal strength, usage statistics, referring emails and web addresses, and other application details. We also may obtain information about your interactions with our Website, such as pages visited, links clicked, features used, dates and times of usage, session information, and other information about your use of our Website. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
Your browser may tell you how to be notified about certain types of automated collection technologies and how to restrict or disable them. Please note, however, that without these technologies, you may not be able to use all of the features of the Website. For mobile devices, you can manage how your device and browser share certain device data by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device.
How We Use the Information We Obtain
We may use the personal information we obtain to:
- Provide our products and services;
- Manage career opportunities with us;
- Communicate with you, respond to inquiries and offer customer support;
- Personalize your experience with our products and services;
- Advertise and market our products and services;
- Perform analytics and market, trend or statistical research;
- Compile, anonymize or aggregate personal data for our business purposes;
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; improving and analyzing our products and services; managing our communications; and performing accounting, auditing, hiring and other internal functions);
- Maintain and enhance the safety and security of our products and services, prevent misuse and troubleshoot technical issues;
- Verify your identity and protect against fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities;
- Exercise our rights and remedies and defend against legal claims; and
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and Cognicion policies, including the program’s Terms & Conditions.
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Third-Party Analytics Services
We may use third-party analytics services on the Website, such as Google Analytics. The providers of these analytics services use technologies such as cookies and web beacons to help us analyze your use of the Website. The information collected through these means may be disclosed to or collected directly by these services. To learn more about Google Analytics, please visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
Information We Share
We may share the information we obtain about you with our affiliated companies. We also may share the information we obtain about you with third-party vendors and other entities to perform services on our behalf, such as technology and communications providers, payment processing and billing service providers, advertising and marketing service providers, recruiting and staffing providers, and others. We may share your personal information with social media platforms if you use those services to connect with us.
We may disclose personal information (1) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (2) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities; (3) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; (4) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical or other harm or financial loss; (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity or (6) otherwise with your consent or as directed by your representative.
In addition, we reserve the right to transfer to relevant third parties the personal information we have about you in the event of a potential or actual sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution, or liquidation), or other business transaction.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect personal information against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized access, destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure or use.
The Website is designed for a general audience and are not directed to children. In connection with the Website, we do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without parental consent.
Links to Third-Party Services and Features
For your convenience and information, the Website may provide links to other online services (such as websites or social media platforms), and may include third-party features such as apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins. These online services and third-party features may operate independently from us. The privacy practices of the relevant third parties, including details on the information they may collect about you, are subject to the privacy statements of these parties, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked online services or third-party features are not owned or controlled by Cognicion, we are not responsible for these third parties’ information practices.
How to Contact Us
1512 East Parham Road
Richmond, Virginia 23228